Post Care Instructions
Post Care instructions
- Do NOT manipulate the treated area for 4 hours following treatment.
- Do NOT receive facial/laser treatments or microdermabrasion after Botox injections for at least 10 days. Ask your provider if you are unsure of the timeframe of certain services.
- Swelling and redness are quite common. Icing the treated area after treatment may help this.
- Do NOT lie down for 4 hours after your Botox treatment.
- Do NOT perform activities involving straining, heavy lifting, or vigorous exercise for 4-6 hours after treatment.
- It can take approximately 4-7 days for results to be seen, and up to 14 days for full effect. If the desired result is not seen after two weeks post-treatment, you may need additional Botox. You are charged for additional product used, at the rate of $12.00 per unit.
- The most common side effects include, but are not limited to: temporary injection site redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, infection, and discoloration.
- Makeup can be applied immediately after injection, however, ensure clean makeup and brushes to minimize infection risk.
- Bruising is common after Botox injections. To reduce bruising and shorten bruising time, topical Arnica and ice may be used daily.
- Unless you are experiencing an abnormal adverse reaction, assessment and/or adjustment to the injection site will not be considered prior to day 14 from the injection date, including additional botox being injected. Follow-up questions/concerns will be addressed at the two week follow up appointment.